My little tea pot finally got fired. I ended up choosing a very forgiving glaze combination that gives a smooth black with a satin finish and the chrysanthemum relief design is subtle but clearly visible. I learned so much during this project, and now I am experimenting with slips and underglazes on white clay for my next tea pot! Stay tuned for the curly willow handle I am going to craft.

And Voila! This is OK for my first try, but I am eager to make a better tea pot now.

It feels like I was being very productive with my first edition of Tree Medicine. It’s been fun selling them to friends and neighbours, and giving them as gifts.

Now I want to play, experiment and make messes!